Title: Associate Teacher-Weaverville
Job #: AT-1905-01
Post Date: 05/20/2019
Employment Details: Full-time, Regular, Non-Exempt
35 hours/week, 43.4 weeks/year
Wage: $13.34 - $15.03 (DOEd.)
(This position is scheduled to start in August)
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start's 285 staff serve nearly 1000 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
We are currently looking for an Associate Teacher with a proven track record of early childhood teaching experience. If you enjoy building positive relationships, hard work and innovation, and providing quality services to children and families, you may be who we are looking for.
Under the direct supervision of the classroom Teacher, the Associate Teacher will provide care and education to children in a Head Start classroom.
• Twelve (12) units of Early Childhood Education including core classes: Human/Child Development (3 units); Family, Child and Community (3 units); and Program/Curriculum (3 units)
• A.A. degree in Early Childhood Education or related degree preferred
• Six (6) months related experience
• Must have or obtain a Child Development Matrix Permit at the Associate Teacher level or higher within one year of hire date. Must maintain Child Development permit until desired education obtained.
• Must have and maintain current EMSA First Aid/CPR
• Ability to effectively communicate, both individually and in group settings, with community members, groups, managers, regulatory agencies, and families
• Ability to plan and facilitate group and individual experiences for children according to their needs, strengths and interests
• Ability to work with others in supporting a positive work environment
• Ability to speak with groups or individual parents regarding child development, curriculum planning, goal setting, and kindergarten readiness
• Knowledge of various software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, and Publisher
• Pre-employment requirements:
o Valid California Drivers License and clean DMV record
o Criminal Background Check Required
o Pre-Employment Strength Assessment
o Pre-Employment Drug Test
o Pre-Employment TB Test
o Up to date records of pertussis, measles, and influenza vaccines
• Assist supervisor in maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy work environment
• Assist in the compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, federal and state regulations, and Community Care Licensing requirements
• Assist in the implementation of Shasta Head Start written curriculum plan
• Assist in the planning and implement Shasta Head Start developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessment for the classroom
• Assist in the supervision and management of children in the classroom in order to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy learning environment
• Conduct home visits for center children in accordance with Head Start performance standards
• On-going professional development through education, training and resources
• Maintain professional and ethical standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Shasta Head Start offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 15 paid holidays per year
• 401(k) to eligible employees after one year
• Extensive training opportunities
Please visit our website, www.shastaheadstart.org, to review the job description, view other open positions, and to apply for this position. Unofficial Transcripts and/or proof of degree required. To complete your application please submit transcripts or proof of degree via fax to (530) 243-8601 or mail to 375 Lake Blvd., Ste. #100 Redding, CA 96003.
Shasta Head Start is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers