compensation: $13.00 - $16.00 Per Hour (DOE) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking for a career in Hospitality?
Located in the heart of the Redwoods of Northern California, the Benbow Valley is nestled among the hills with the Eel River running through. The most prominent features of this little valley are the Benbow Historic Inn and the Benbow KOA Resort and Golf Course .
The Inn is a 65 room historic building with a restaurant and lounge. The Benbow KOA Resort and Golf Course is a 110 site RV park with a 9-hole golf course.
The Benbow Historic Inn is seeking an outstanding Pastry/ Baker to join the Culinary Team.
The Pastry/Baker is responsible for preparing all aspects of Pastry & baking with emphasis on dessert menu.
The common duties and responsibilities of a baker include preparing dough and placing it into the pans or sheets that you will stick into the oven for baking. Other duties of a baker include gathering ingredients to measure and mix them, operating ovens and grills, and keeping your work surfaces and equipment clean and sanitary.
• Designing and improving recipes.
• Measuring and combing ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, desserts etc.
• Decorating and displaying finished products.
• Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality control
• Keeping records, inventory and production levels.
• Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensure all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Meets commitments.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Follows policies and procedures.
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Supports organization's goals and values.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Meets productivity standards.
• Completes work in timely manner.
• Works quickly.
• Observes safety and security procedures.
• Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
• Uses equipment and materials properly.
Language, Math and Reasoning
• Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to perform basic math skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
• Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
• Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Serve Safe Certificate.
• Basic computer skills, Word, Outlook, Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, kneel, crouch and or crawl, talk and taste or smell.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, bend, twist and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• This position works in an environment with high noise level.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Ability to work in hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances and lift heavy items for extended periods.
Benefits include health and dental options, retirement savings plan, friends and family room rates, employee discounts, and possible housing opportunities.
All applicants must have verifiable work experience, references, and must be physically able to perform duties.
If you feel that the Pastry/Baker position is what you would like to do, please visit our website at www.benbowinn.com and fill out a application online, or fax your resume with a cover sheet to 707-923-2122.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers