QR Code Link to This Post
Under general supervision, responsible for coordinating dental front office operations at the Round Mountain and/or Redding locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned which may become essential to the position.
1. Responsible for opening and closing procedures each day:
a. Open and close the cash drawer daily.
b. Re-evaluate schedules based on patients.
c. Pick up any pending messages and handle appropriately.
2. Perform any necessary daily tasks involved in coordinating dental front dental office.
3. Schedule and confirm appointments.
4. Confirm patient information is current and accurate, including insurance information.
5. Coordinate and process patient referrals based on treatment plans. Coordinate care with outside agencies such as group homes, specialists, etc.
6. Assure patients have all necessary appointments. Register patients when needed.
7. Coordinate recall system by making follow up phone calls and sending checkup reminder cards.
8. Coordinate dental lab shipments.
9. Take payments and balance cash register at the end of the day.
10. Register patients into the computer system.
11. Conduct chart auditing prior to patient visit.
12. Provide back office dental team support according to Dental Assistant protocol.
13. Attend weekly staff and team meetings.
14. Coordinate quality improvement efforts for dental front office.
15. Assist management with planning and implementing strategic goals as requested.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
This job has minimal supervisory responsibilities, including coordinating staffing needs and providing necessary feedback to dental clinic manager.
1. Adhere to Policies and Procedures.
2. Participate in team systems.
3. Perform duties ethically.
4. Maintain client confidentiality.
5. Demonstrate ability to re-prioritize duties as needs arise.
6. Use time efficiently.
7. Be responsible for internal/external client satisfaction.
8. Display flexibility in accepting, changing, and carrying out assignments.
9. Maintain a neat, clean, and safe work environment throughout facility.
10. Ability to communicate with team members effectively and professionally.
11. Perform job duties in a quality manner.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have high school diploma or equivalent, plus some college coursework, and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have some working knowledge and understanding of associated dental procedures, terminology and techniques. Must have knowledge of related federal, state and institutional regulations.
Certificates and Licenses:
CPR certificate preferred, current CA drivers license required.
Must have intermediate level language skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before individuals, groups or employees of organization.
Must have basic math skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Must have intermediate level reasoning skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic working knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook. Must be familiar with medical management software; Centricity a plus but not required.
Must be familiar with basic office equipment such as multiple phone lines, fax machines, photocopier machines. Must have familiarity with dental related equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is an indoor business and dental office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with normal dental equipment noises and business office noises, computers, printers and phones. While performing the duties of this job, employee may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts, be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to stand, sit and walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch, and smell. Employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee must utilize close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.