compensation: Excellent wage and benefit package with growth opportunities employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Our Forestry Division, Burney District has an opening for a qualified District Forester to help sustainably manage the Company’s timberlands in Shasta, Siskiyou, Lassen, and Modoc Counties. This position will involve all aspects of resource management within this diverse District and will be located in our Burney, CA office.
About The Position
• Prepare Timber Harvest Plans (THPs) across a variety of forest types and terrain, including field work and mapping
• Administer contracts including logging, road construction, professional services, and miscellaneous sale agreements
• Conduct botanical, wildlife, archaeological, road and watercourse surveys, and recommending appropriate protection measures
• Effectively and professionally represent Sierra Pacific, interacting with neighbors and state regulatory agencies
• Participate in forestry related project work in a wide range of weather and field conditions
• Hike in remote mountainous regions using maps, compass and GPS
• A California Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license or the ability to qualify for, take and pass the RPF exam within 3 years
• Familiarity with the California Forest Practice Rules and knowledge of THP preparation
• Understanding of logging, road construction and reforestation operations
• Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and the desire to make things happen
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and GIS-based software programs
• Ability to work both independently and as a “team” member
• Current valid drivers’ license and the ability to operate a four-wheel drive vehicle and safely negotiate steep forest roads
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to apply, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by November 11th, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 and has grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing over 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
We are a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively uses nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our facilities. In fact, any small amount that isn't turned into hand-crafted doors and windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
We are proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our drug-free and tobacco-free policies. As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We use E-verify to verify the social security number and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers